Tattooing can be significant. It enhances that particular part of your body. Your tattoo may reflect your emotions, beliefs, or style.
Tattoos are relatively permanent as the ink is made to get into the layers of your skin. You may not like your tattoo due to its design, or it may not have suited you or any other reason.
Removing a tattoo can be a tedious as well as expensive job. It is not only a painful task but can also prove detrimental to your health.
In case you are not able to decide the methods by which you can remove fresh tattoos from your skin, we have here provided you with all the techniques you can opt for, making your task easy.
First, let’s take a look at the health risks of getting a tattoo on your skin:
- Different colored inks like red, green, or blue for tattoos can cause severe allergic reactions on your skin even after years of getting a tattoo. This is because the ink gets into the middle layer of the skin, and the ink may not suit your skin.
- Along with an allergic reaction, you may also suffer from other skin infections.
- You may suffer from skin inflammation called granuloma around the tattoo ink.
- A tattoo may also lead to keloids, raising the area of skin due to scar in the tissue.
- The equipment used for getting a tattoo may be contamination, resulting in blood-borne diseases like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, or even Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
- If you want to get your MRI done, the mark of the tattoo may interfere in the quality of the MRI scan’s image. MRI may also lead to swelling or burning in that area of your skin.
There are mainly three options you can go for:
- Surgical methods
- Laser method
- Home remedies
Surgical Method of Removing Tattoo Ink from Skin
Cryosurgery is the method in which the tattooed area of the skin is exposed to extreme cold temperatures by using freezing agent spray like liquid nitrogen. The freezing agent spray frostbites the tattooed area of the skin. After skin, the method of dermabrasion is used to scour the area, which helps in getting rid of the topmost layer of the skin.
- This method is effective but is tremendously painful.
- It can damage the skin as well as its underneath layers.
- It should not be considered while removing tattoos with yellow and green colored inks because it does not work well with multi-colored tattoos.
- This method shouldn’t have opted for people whose skin is sensitive and gets easily scared.
- Damage occurred on the body is not covered in insurance policies.
- Intense Pulsed Light Method
In this method, the epidermis of the skin is removed by using an extensive band of light. It works by breaking the color pigments. After a while, a new layer of skin is generated.
- It is an expensive treatment
- It is a very effective method.
- It is less painful.
- It does not work with people with dark-colored complexion.
- Surgical Excision
This is a proper surgery technique in which a scalpel is used to cut the skin through the tattoo. The stitching of the skin is done after cutting out. For stitching, the specialist takes some skin from other parts of the body and uses it to cover the tattooed area.
- This method creates scars on the area of the skin for the rest of your life
- It does not cause any allergic reaction
- It takes a lot of time to heal
- Do not use this method for larger tattoos if you don’t want to deal with significant scars.
Laser Method of Removing Tattoo Ink from Skin
A laser is the most commonly used method of Tattoo ink removal from the skin. It is of two types:
A passive laser tattoo method is done at beauty salons. Whereas active laser tattoo method is done by a dermatologist and requires several sittings.
In both the method, the focus is mainly on removing the ink from the skin rather than removing the layer of skin. A considerable amount of laser light is exposed to the tattooed area, which breaks up the skin’s pigmented area. This method is more straightforward for black ink tattoos than multi-colored ones.
- This method is excruciating
- It is expensive if done by dermatologists
- It is cheaper if done at beauty salons
However, dermatologist provides guaranteed removal of tattoo ink.
Home Remedies of Removing Tattoo Ink from Skin
There may be other surgical methods for tattoo ink removal. However, it would help if you always tried home remedies first before opting for surgical procedures.
Some of the home remedies you can try for removing fresh tattoo ink from your skin:
- Aloe Vera, Yogurt, Honey, and Salt
All four ingredients work wonders for the skin. It would help if you cleaned your tattooed area first. Mix all these four ingredients, 2 tbsp each and apply on the area by obtaining a thick paste. Please keep it for half an hour then wash off with warm water. This method will take time, and a regular application is required to get rid of the tattoo.
- Wrecking balm
Just massage the wrecking balm on the tattooed area of your skin. Do it regularly. After using it for about 4-5 months, your tattoo will be removed permanently. This method is a bit too expensive, but it is beneficial.
- Lemon and salt
We all know that lemon is one of the best ingredients you can apply for better skin because of its bleaching properties and the vitamin C present in it, helping in replenishing the skin. Salt penetrates deep inside the layers of the skin and lemon together. Dab it on the tattooed area with the help of a cotton ball for about half an hour. You are doing it regularly with assistance in removing the tattoo from your skin.
- Apricot scrub with salt
Applying the mixture of apricot scrub with salt with help in blurring and fading out of the tattoo from your skin due to its rich properties. However, this method has proven to be only partially effective.
- Homemade cream
Why spend money on the costly tattoo removal cream and bear its side effects when you can make one yourself? For making homemade tattoo removal cream, you need to mix aloe vera pulp, preferably natural pulp extracted from aloe vera plant, with one tbsp of Paderia tomentosa juice of fresh leaves along with two capsules of vitamin E capsules. Massage it on your tattoo skin and wash off with warm water.
- Tattoo concealer
If you cannot make up your mind on choosing natural or surgical methods, you can use a tattoo concealer to hide the tattoo on your skin. These are some fantastic concealers made mainly to hide the tattoo.
- Sand powder and grinding stones
The sand powder used with grinding stones added with aloe vera to make a thick paste helps detach the skin cells linked with the tattoo’s ink. If you apply regularly, it will help in removing the tattoo permanently.
If you are still not able to make up your mind of removing the tattoo, here are some tips on how you can take good care of the freshly-inked tattoo:
- Keep your tattooed skin clean by washing it with plain soap and water. Rub it gently and avoid a straight stream of water.
- Moisturize the area of the tattoo of your skin multiple times a day.
- Avoid the freshly created tattoo away from direct sunlight for a few weeks.
- Do not go swimming while your body is still healing with the tattoo.
- Do not wear clothes that may stick to your body as well as a tattoo.
If you do not want to thoroughly remove your tattoo, you can still mold it into a new one by further getting the previous tattoo’s unique design. It is neither cheap nor easy to get your tattoos removed. Even if you choose the laser method or surgical method, you should consult your dermatologist before experimenting with anything.